Emily Usherwood’s two pups, Bandit and Echo, usually run quickly towards the dinner table when they know that their food is ready. Once their human mom gave out the signal that the food was ready, they would usually be seen in a hurry to get a taste of her cooking.
One evening, however, Emily was surprised to find out that only Echo responded to her call. This weird and unusual sight was enough for Emily to figure out that something had gone terribly wrong.
Curious to figure out what was going on, Emily searched everywhere for Bandit. Her motherly senses were tingling and she knew something wasn’t right.
To Emily’s unfortunate surprise, she discovered Bandit stumbling around in the yard as the poor pup tried to make his way towards her. The poor pup looked lifeless and couldn’t walk straight, prompting Emily to rush towards him.
Emily wanted to know what was ailing Bandit, so she paid close attention to the symptoms he was exhibiting. Having previously worked with an animal rescue organization, she knew that every minute counted to try to save her pup’s life.
Once she was able to draw a conclusion as to what Bandit was suffering from, she quickly brought the pup in her car with her fiancé and rushed to the veterinarian. She figured out that the pup was bitten by a snake because of Bandit’s shallow breathing, on top of the other symptoms he already had.
On the way to the veterinarian, Bandit lost control of his bladder and bowels, further proving Emily’s guess that he was bitten by a snake. Knowing that Bandit could die any minute, she drove as fast as she could to save her beloved pet’s life.
Once they arrived at the clinic, she asked the veterinarian to administer anti-venom shots due to her suspicions of what had happened. Surely enough, Bandit’s tests returned positive for a snake bite, later being saved due to Emily’s quick-thinking.
Photo credits to Yahoo News Australia